I finished my degree in Aerospace Engineering at The University of Sheffield in 2012. I did my doctorate degree within the Dynamics Research Group at The University of Sheffield between 2013-2016. Since 2016 I have been also working as a RA within the Dynamics Research Group.
I am particularly interested in nonlinear dynamics, system identification of linear and nonlinear systems using MCMC methods and Bayesian inference and damage detection using a Bayesian approach.
Resech in DRG:
Since I started my PhD back in 2013, I have been part of the ‘Engineering Nonlinearity’ programme grant, EPSRC funded project, that I am still a part of now as an RA. My research involves using MCMC algorithms within a Bayesian framework, to probabilistically estimate parameters that systems depend on (such as mass, stiffness, etc.). The research also covers approximating a mathematical model that represents the structure of study. Particularly, I am working with the RJMCMC (Reversible Jump Markov Chain Monte Carlo) sampling algorithm that is designed to do both parameter estimation and model selection where other, more simplistic, MCMC sampling algorithms fail. The end purpose is to offer a new computational method/algorithm that can perform system identification for both linear and nonlinear dynamical models.
Parameter estimation using Metropolis algorithm
Sampling history of parameters using Metropolis algorithm
- D. Tiboaca, P.L. Green, R.J. Barthorpe and K. Worden, 'Bayesian System Identification of Dynamical Systems using Reversible Jump Markov Chain Monte Carlo' in 'Topics in Modal Analysis II, Proceedings of the 32nd IMAC , A Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics', Vol. 8, pp276 - 284 Springer,2014.
- D. Tiboaca, P.L. Green, R.J. Barthorpe and K. Worden, 'Bayesian Parameter Estimation and Model Selection of a Nonlinear Dynamical System using Reversible Jump Markov Chain Monte Carlo' in Proceedings of ISMA2014, International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering, Leuven, Belgium, 2014.
- D. Tiboaca, R.J. Barthorpe and K. Worden, 'Multiple Damage Identification using the Reversible Jump Markov Chain Monte Carlo' in Proceedings of IWSHM2015, International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Stanford, CA, 2015.
- D. Tiboaca, P.L. Green, R.J. Barthorpe and K. Worden, 'Bayesian Inference and RJMCMC in structural dynamics – on experimental data ' in 'Model Validation and Uncertainty Quantification, Volume 3, Proceedings of the 34th IMAC , A Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics’, Springer,2016.
- M. Scott, D. Tiboaca, R.J. Barthorpe, K. Worden and D. Wagg, 'On the Validation of Nonlinear MDOF System Models' in Proceedings of ISMA2016 Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering, Leuven, Belgium, 2016.
- K. Worden, O.D. Tiboaca, I. Antoniadou, R.J. Barthorpe, 'System Identification of an MDOF Experimental Structure with a View Towards Validation and Verification' in 'Topics in Modal Analysis, Volume 10', pp. 57-65, Springer, 2015.
- K. Worden, I. Antoniadou, O.D. Tiboaca, G. Manson, R.J. Barthorpe, 'Linear and Nonlinear System Identification using Evolutionary Optimisation' in 'Simulation-Driven Modelling and Optimization', Vol 153, Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics, pp 325-345, Springer, February 2016.